angeleditsnicole

Angel Edits - Blog

Editing Services for male/male and male/female romance authors.

The Golden Dynasty

The Golden Dynasty - Kristen Ashley This is a brutal slave story and I could not relax enough to enjoy it.
I gave up my first attempt at this book because of the whole "It's his way" excuse for abject abuse.
I gave it a second chance out of respect of KA and curiosity.
I see why Lahn is popular. He is a total fantasy savage hot warrior king. Apparently many KA fans have this particular fantasy. I do not. I like the nice guys.
Are you sure you don't want me? Yes, Lahn, I'm sure.

The slave/rape theme carries thru the whole book and I never got comfortable with it.
It's brutal and violent, two female slaves are killed by the sword. Lots of blood flies around.
Dax Lahn is the only KA male main character to strike a woman with closed fist, in the face. But hey, it's his way.

The Language thing and translator/narrator annoyed me.I copied the entire dictionary into my notes, so I could read the translation without having to flip to the back the book. Pretty tricky huh?

She is called the "true golden warrior queen" millions of times, in many variations. By the end its very damn clear who she is and who he is. Me Tarzan. You Jane.

And my biggest pet peeve pregnancy and birth of twins....ugh. and breastfeeding. Yuck! lots of skimming for me.

I'm glad I finished it, but it's not my favorite of the series, like it is for so many others. The first one [b:Wildest Dreams|12390650|Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1)|Kristen Ashley|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327913321s/12390650.jpg|17371693] had similar themes without the icky rape/abuse stuff.

Farewell my true golden warrior tiger queen goddess.