angeleditsnicole

Angel Edits - Blog

Editing Services for male/male and male/female romance authors.

Out in the Field

Out in the Field - Kate McMurray Two sexy pro ball players keeping their hot secret and clandestine winks while out in the field. It's totally believable they can't come out, the way the game is right now.
the characters are likable and their chemistry is awesome. no guns though, or fistfights so...whateva.

The story is also timely with recent announcements of a gay pro basketball player, a gay boxer, etc.. I always google my topic before I start reading and I was pretty surprised to see a gay boxer proposing to his lover on Facebook and the lover saying "Yes, I love you I love you" Amazing.

Also in the news now is the 2014 winter olympics being in Russia which recently passed a mind boggling law imposing fines and jail time for gay propaganda or gay behavior in front of minors. Holy crap. Really?
All I can say is 'land of the free, home of the brave.' (see the baseball tie in?)
[b:The Front Runner|343738|The Front Runner (Harlan's Story, #1)|Patricia Nell Warren|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327890266s/343738.jpg|334081] was about a gay athlete but written a long time ago, and I'm sure was pure fantasy back then. The exciting thing is that this book could be a reality now. It could happen and is happening.

as a side rant, I feel there is way too much pressure on pro athletes. too many games, too much scrutiny, too intense to do it for too long and have any kind of family.

Anyway, money and fame, not for me. No way, never. Good thing I'm not good at anything.