angeleditsnicole

Angel Edits - Blog

Editing Services for male/male and male/female romance authors.

Brutally Beautiful

Brutally Beautiful - Christine Zolendz Kade you is one fucked up muthafucker. Lol. Sorry Dude. And you're a creeper.

But somehow you're also mysterious and sexy, and vulnerable and sympathetic. Books about authors aren't my cuppa, but I found him totally hot accepting his Brahm Stoker award wearing a tux.

Despite the title and subject,this is not your usual dark "beautiful" morbid twisted sad story.
This book doesn't take itself too seriously.
It has self deprecating, guilty pleasure humor, similar to [b:Fall From Grace|15768536|Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)|Christine Zolendz|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1349538226s/15768536.jpg|21474681].

It's flaws lie in it's "stalking is sexy" theme, and the twi fanfic feel;
"Your mood swings are giving me whiplash."
"I can't stay away from you any longer."
There's also some continuity problems She lets Fran post her picture on Facebook then he just just disappears. Kade sees her scars but she does not see his. And she keeps her car after saying she needed to get rid of it. And she never wears a white dress like on the cover.

Yeah, not bad enough to deter me. I ate this shit up.

If you liked the Grace series, you will love this, as did I.

Stephen King wrote a short about gun violence, [b:Guns|17284577|Guns|Stephen King|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1359651669s/17284577.jpg|23903153]. This is one topic I can handle as part of fiction, but any real stuff freaks me out. I have major anxiety letting my kids even go to school. But we can't live in fear, only pray like Hell that violence like this never touches us.

And this quote, so funny, worth repeating here;
“Lainey, just dip it in the sauce. This sauce is delicious. You have to try it. Dip it in the sauce. Just dip it in the sauce," he pushed.